The Scholarship Application is submitted to each local association for the local scholarship award. The winner of each local association will be submitted to the state association for consideration of the state award. The local associations will decide on the award amount which may be different than the state award.
State Scholarship Scholastic Award: $3,000 will be disbursed in increments of $1500 over a two-year period. Recipient can only receive this award one time. Applicant's academic record will be the primary consideration, but not the sole consideration, for this award.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a son, daughter or dependent of a regular member of the SCCA who has been a resident of South Carolina and a member of the association for two or more years.
- The applicant does not need to be a resident of the state of South Carolina, nor does he/she have to attend an educational facility in South Carolina.
- The recipient must be one who has been accepted to a college, university, or technical college within 12 months of the award.
- Funds will be paid to the college or university quarterly or semester basis contingent upon the recipient remaining a student and enrollment certified by the college or university.
- Applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee no later than March 15th of each year.
All applications must be submitted in resume form. In order to consider your application, you must follow the format given below, and make certain that all needed forms are enclosed. If any of the information is not included, your application may not be considered and returned.
- Parent's name, address, work number, and company employed by.
- Name of applicant.
- Applicant's home address.
- Applicant's SSN and Date of Birth.
- Name, address and the start date of the college or university selected/accepted.
- Copy of high school transcript, including 12th grade subjects, class ranking at graduation and grades.
- If already in college, a transcript of courses taken to date, GRP and courses in progress at time of application.
- Copy of SAT scores.
- Summary of school activities, clubs, sports involvements presently active in.
- Letters of recommendation from a faculty member from school the applicant is now attending, employer, pastor or other individual well acquainted with the applicant.
- Summary of community activities.
- Statement from the applicant indicating whether or not he/she applied, or will apply for any other scholarships or financial aide from any other source.
- If affirmative to #2, name the source and amount.
- Letter from an officer of the local association verifying that the parent of the applicant has been a resident of the state of South Carolina, and a member of the SCCA for two or more years. If the local officer does not have your membership records current, a letter form the state secretary will suffice.
SELECTIONS MADE BY THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE ARE FINAL AND NOT SUBJECT FOR REVIEW.
The scholarship committee has the right to change or accept any application requirements as necessary to provide a fair and unbiased opportunity for all applicants.